Sunday, January 18, 2004

You know what I really loathe? Traffic lights on hills - when you're moving upwards.
Don't mind me I'm just tired and grumpy. The weekend with the cubs at Mum's was fun, though tiring, and I don't know what possessed me to come home via Ringwood - even on sunday night the traffic was heavy enough to make me snarl.
As I said, we had fun, did lots of driving all over the place and had another trolley ride (hee!). Watched a nature documentary tonight before we came home - RoboShark'. Very interesting but between my my mum squeaking every time something was eaten and the cubs howling their eyes out at the end when the robotic shark got broken cos they were empathising with the thing... <head in hands> I have a headache.

Anyway, I'm back and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, and finishing off some chapters of various things this week - though as this is the second last week of holidays (where the hell did that go??) I'll probly be trying to squeeze in as much 'fun' stuff as possible.

Had the misfortune on the weekend to read one of the worst books I've ever opened. I didn't have high expectations anyway - it was a Romance, after all <shudder> - but it was appalling. Shallow, flat characterisations, coincidence upon coincidence and even at my worst I don't write as childishly as this author did. It astounds me that crap like this gets published.. and sells. Talk about 'kleenex' books. Have people no discernment? No appreciation of the written art? I've obviously been spoilt. <settling ruffled feathers>
Why was I reading it in the first place? I was desperate for something to read and obviously giving into the the fluffy bunny's masochistic tendencies. Hmph.

Tch, keep forgetting to mention that Soulsis found me a couple of super kawaii maneki-neko in Adelaide! They're sitting on the mantlepiece with the rest of most of the collection, though the translucent pink one really needs to go in front of a window. : )

Anything else?
Probably but I'm knackered...

[...<plunking self firmly down in centre of bower, drags 'lestrel into cuddle, determined expression on face>... I don't care what happens I'm NOT moving from here until I'm... satisfied...

<gently fondles tail> Don't bother blasting the ningens, they have their uses...]

No comments: