Friday, January 02, 2004

(nicked from Valkyrie's lj:>
New Year's Resolutions...

*I will try to figure out why I "really" need 12 e-mail addresses.
*I will stop sending e-mail to my wife (husband). A phone call every now and then would be appreciated.
*I resolve to work with neglected children -- my own.
*I will answer my snail mail with the same enthusiasm with which I answer my e-mail.
*I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.
*I resolve to back up my 12GB hard drive daily...well, once a week...okay, monthly then...or maybe... at least once a year.
*I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet - This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I'm not a clock watcher.
*I will stop checking my e-mail at 3:00 in the morning... 4:30 is much more practical since my friends overseas already had time to answer me by then.
*When I hear a funny joke, I will not reply, "LOL... LOL!"
*I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.
*I will think of a password other than "password."
*I resolve... I resolve to... I resolve to, uh... I resolve to, uh, get my, er... I resolve to, uh, get my, er, off-line work done, too!

.. the one about the neglected kids is particularly relevant. : )

When I'm feeling miserable or angsty I tend to switch perspective, mentally, and think of how the negativity could be worked into a story. This immediately makes me feel better but is it actually helping? I'm not addressing the cause of the aggravation, only distancing myself from it until I can cope again.

The cubs and I watched the Edinburgh Military Tattoo last night. <g> That was fun, especially when Soulsis rang in the middle of it and then we sat and virtually watched it together, her in her house, me in mine, sniggering at the voice-over. The Korean (South, I assume) army's display was visually the most interesting, very colourful with pink fans and guys with long ribbons attached to their hats which they swung like tassles! Their rendition of 'Scotland the Brave', though, was a bit of a giggle.
Going to see the Tattoo live is one of those things I'd like to do, one day. The cubs' father and I used to talk about how cool it would be but I figure it'd just be me (or me and the cubs) going to see it now. : )
And, oh yes, I like bagpipes... very stirring...

No comments: