Friday, March 12, 2004

Happy birthday to me,
I want to live in a tree,
I look like a fangirl,
So pass me a bishie!
Hee!

The cubs' father gave me a box of my favourite chocolates (Guylian seashells) and the cubs - after whispered instructions from their dad - presented me with volume 2 of X! <happy squeak!> (Yes, I knew it was coming but still, <happy squeak! g>)
And I'm off to Niki's this afternoon for tea with Soulsis, Okapi and possibly Penny. : )

Now, about that rat Kittenkong brought in last night. There's no sign of it this morning so if it's still in the bathroom then it's behind the cupboard, but seeing as rats are resourceful creatures it wouldn't surprise me to find it had got itself outside last night. The bathroom window was open and it would've been an easy jump up onto the bath, then the cupboard then the windowsill - not a hard thing for a rat to accomplish. Actually I hope it got itself out, I really don't fancy having a live rat lurking about the house...

I managed to get a whole 2 paragraphs of writing done last night, not a bad effort considering I was thoroughly distracted by the first 8 eps of Excel Saga. Oh gods this is so funny! And so damn cute! Not Ham-ham cute, the other sort, the quirky, wickedly cute. ES pokes fun at all sorts of anime and pop-culture conventions and I'm sure I'm missing more of the references than I'm getting, but it's so much fun! It could be called a show for fanboys - the 2 female leads are ultra-perky (hey, I don't have a problem with that) - but the evil overlord Mr Ilbaratzo is gorgeous! Very droll, I like him, and you've got to love a secret underground base that only has those push-in button locks on it's door handles for security <rolling around laughing> The opening theme is great, very bouncy and lots of fun, not just musically but visually as well, and the closing theme is poignant but still makes me laugh. I couldn't explain it here, you'd have to see it, but it involves a puppy singing about being eaten, and salt. My favourite AV store has ES on DVD... I'll add it to the list. : )

Weee! Joules wrote a little lemony piece for me, based around my favourite Haadri character! <girly squeal> It was just yummy! Thank you, Joules! <GLOMPS>

No comments: