Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Zipping around yesterday paying bills and such only to come to a screeching halt in front of the newsagents...
I have a soft-spot for model kits and diaoramas and I discovered for sale, not one but two 'week-by-week' collectible model kit thingys.
<whimper> Each has 100 parts to it, at $12 per part; that's more than $1000 spread over two years for each kit...
The first was a model of HMS Victory – Nelson's ship at Waterloo. I can leave that one alone, there's some lovely, top-class wooden ship kits available for way less than that. I'm still debating the other one though. It's a 'build your own Medieval Fortress' where you get to make, and decorate, various types of medieval buildings...
I can live without it, I can. I mean, realisitically, what would I do with it? And the $50 a month I'd be spending on it could buy me a DVD, or two. <sigh>

You'd think 2 years would be long enough to drop off of a library's system, yes? No.
Went to join (or rejoin, rather) my local library after not going in there for a couple of years. I owed them a lot of money in fines and I thought, if my records had slid away in the tides of time, I might be able to sneak back onto the system with a clean slate. No such luck – I was still registered, and the fine was still outstanding. Needless to say I can't borrow anything until it's paid off, which is a pain, but I really don't like having these odd financial spikes hanging over my head. I'm going to chip away at it anyway (there's too much for me to be able to pay all at once!). I guess it can all be part of me getting my act together. : )

No comments: