Thursday, March 11, 2004

Sodding hell! The cat's just brought in a live rat! It's cute an' all (bright little black eyes distended with terror) but ack! Mice are one thing, wild rats are not something I'm game to deal with. Heh, it made a dive for the bathroom and kittenkong followed... so I shut the door on them both. With luck she'll dispatch it, then I'll just have to watch her for abcesses. <shakes head>

380 Zone members now, eh, Joules? Only 120 to go then we can hold ZoneCon! Hee!

Heh, almost finished the Haadri fanfic and I have to confess it's pure mary-sue. But this happens a lot with Joules work I've noticed, her universes are so compelling and inviting I just have to leap in. : )

(Rat update. I let Kittenkong out of the bathroom but there was no sign of the rat, I think it's got itself wedged behind the cupboard. Damn.)

We had the school Twilight Sports this evening. This event is usually held on the school oval but seeing as that's now full up with portable classrooms we had it in a nearby park. It wasn't a bad evening, really, the cubs didn't win their races but one of them at least beat someone. <g>

There's high fences up all around the school now, and they've been covered with hessian so you can't see into the site. Annoying, really, I want to see when the site's being cleared...

No comments: