Saturday, March 20, 2004

In my dream last night someone (I don't know them) was trying to organise my life for their convenience. They looked quite surprised when I growled at them... : )

Apologies beforehand to anybody involved in this 'sport' but don't you think Ballroom Dancing is inherently ludicrous? I could be biased but to me it's faker, more pointless even than ballet (and I should know, I used to teach ballet...) All those big happy smiles that have no emotional connection, the homogenising and sanitising of vibrant, overtly sexual dances into insipid, controlled pap. The costumes can be beautiful though, spangles and fringes and tassels, oh my! <bg> Eh, what do I know? Every BD'er I've spoken to has said they love it - I might too if I could be persuaded to try...

The fourth chapter of Elga is finished. Been a while coming - I had to remind myself that to get to the exciting bits I've got planned for this arc I first have to lay the foundations. Heh.

Going to have to take the cubs up to the newsagents soon so we can get card and such for their projects - the projects which are due to be handed in this coming monday. Oops.
I foresee glue and sticky tape in my weekend... how about you?

No comments: