Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Heh, <smug> I got 20/20 for my first test. Won't do so well on the assignment I handed in today though, I know I haven't given as much information in the answers as was required. Oh well, my lecturer won't be giving me a bookmark as a reward for doing well - I can live with that. : )
The last time I was doing this course, a decade ago, results were graded from Unsatisfactory, through Pass, Credit and Distinction. That's all been scrapped, it's now CO (competent) or NYC (not yet competent). Hn, I don't know, I rather liked the old system, it gave you an idea of how well you were doing, or not.
Only 2 more classes to go for a couple of the subjects. I've been organising getting onto waiting lists for other subjects throughout the year. Shouldn't be too much hassle, and it's all an object lesson, innit? Next year I'll be waaay more organised... : )

They've started clearing the school site – what's left of the wing that was completely destroyed has more or less been dealt with now. Quite sad, really, I got a bit teary-eyed while walking past the site today, peering through the holes in the fence...
The 'portable' school should be ready to use in just over a week. That'll be interesting, shifting everything over from the hall. Not surprisingly the fund-raising activities have kicked into overdrive. Tomorrow there's a sausage sizzle, the 'disco-night' is this weekend (I won't be going), next week there's the book-fair and we've just been given the tickets to sell for the Easter raffle. To be fair, everything except the sausage sizzle was being organised before the fire, there just seems to be an awful lot of it all at once, or maybe it's simply there's more emphasis on the need for fund-raising now.
Looks like I won't be able to buy second-hand unforms for a while either. All of the stock has gone and the portable school won't have the storage room for the gear. Ouch, brand new uniforms are hideously expensive. The cubs have got enough to get them through winter, especially if I keep haunting the major dept. stores for the cheap, un-logo'ed shirts and windcheaters. Eh, I'll deal with the summer stuff closer to the time.

Chapter 4 of Dancing is reviewed, on to chapter 5 I guess. I'll get that done at least before finishing my next AC/Elga/Dystopia. Heh.

No comments: