Thursday, December 26, 2002

[*blush*... meep!...]

Took the cubs ages to go to sleep last night cos of course they had their new torches to play with. *sigh*

As arranged, Mum picked the cubs and I up this morning and drove us to my brother's place. It was a good day, really, and yes I'm as surprised as I sound. As well as us, there was an old, old friend of the family, who's currently staying with Mum, my niece and two nephews (Soulsis's bratlings, she and my brother seperated years ago but she got the kids and me in custody ^~^ ) , and the mother of my brother's new partner - plus a mountain of food that despite a brave effort by all present, wasn't reduced to a manageable level. : )
My brother and his partner live in a lovely little cottage on a rose farm. Tiny wee place but very welcoming and restive, and small enough that we could legitimately ask the brats to stay outside cos there wasn't room for us all inside : ) Fortunately they were happy to do that - and it didn't rain.
After lunch came the presents. The cubs got buckets'o'meccano each, which they were thrilled with, and big boxes of textas.
My brother gave me a framed copy of one of his mandalas that I particularly liked, and an asian dragon figurine, and Mum made me a cushion cover from a Hawaiin flamingo print! *grin* Goes very well with my hot pink velour/tassled cushion...
Could've stayed for longer than we did, but the cubs were more than ready to go home around 5pm so Mum dropped us off at the nearest train station. (Tch, I would've been quite happy to take Mum up on her offer to drive us home but the cubs insisted on going by train...)
But we got home safe and sound and now that the cubs are in bed I'm contemplating the ice-cream container full of left-over salad for dinner...

I suppose, now that Xmas proper is over, the actual school holidays begin. I need to consult The List and make plans about what to do with the cubs to keep them, and me, amused...

No comments: