Wednesday, December 11, 2002

School Carol concert last night.
It didn't rain.
Damn.
Wasn't that bad, really, just over an hours worth and the cubs enjoyed themselves, just would've been better if I didn't have a headache. Didn't win any of the xmas hampers though. Oh well, there's always the Easter ones next year.

Got this site fron Onna's blog, about the vibrating Harry Potter broom *raised eyebrows* which led me to this site about a sexually suggestive lolly *rolling around laughing* and then I remembered what happened in the supermarket a few days ago...
In the toy section there's a selection of lolly-toys, things that make noises and lights flash and stuff. We don't buy any but the cubs love playing with them. One of the items on the shelf was a pen topped by a clear plastic globe that has little lollies in it.
It vibrates.
The idea is you switch it on and wait for the lollies to be shaken out of the top - what fun! - but I found myself standing there, holding one of these things, feeling the - quite strong - vibrations going down to my elbow, thinking 'hmm, replaceable battery, bit noisy though that won't be so bad when the lollies are gone, only really suitable for external use...' *blink* Uh...
I know I said my toy-box is depleted but honestly...

I was enthusing to Penny (a friend of mine - her daughter is in the same class as one of my cubs) how much I liked the idea of having a skittle lane, but of course, first I'd need to get some skittles. Penny's a very practicle, can-do sort of person - she suggested I take a wood-turning course and make my own.
What a brilliant idea!
So now I've added wood-turning to my list of stuff I want to learn, along with furniture upholstery/restoration, leadlight, ceramics, basic wood-work, basic car maintenance and photography. (Not actually, photography, per se, I'm not too shabby at that, but I'd like to have dark-room access again.)

I'm helping out at the school today with PMP (the Perceptual Motor Program) for the last time. Ever. Only the preps and Grade 1's do PMP. Mwahahahahahahahahah!
Though this means I'll probly have to volunteer for something else next year. Eh, deal with it when I have to.

No comments: