Saturday, December 21, 2002

*humming* On the somethingth day of xmas two of my best friends gave to me-ee - !
- one wobbling flamingo
- one ceramic fish to hang on the wall
- one pretty tea-cup
- two bunches of pretend grapes
and a box full of real cool goodies! (including a wee book on feng shui, a purple disc mobile, chocolate dipped fortune cookies, more chocolates, hanging crystal, I-ching coin ball, sandalwood insence and holder, red candles and a trapped-whale paperweight ^.^)

Soulsis, Niki and I went to see 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding last night - you might have heard of it?
It was funny and sweet, but nothing I hadn't see before. I live in Melbourne, which has the 2nd largest - don't quote me - greek population outside of Greece, and there's been plenty of locally made programs/movies about Greek versus non-Greek culture.
Still, it was a fun movie and I laughed a lot, and I had a great time checking out the props used. (Lamps made from bunches of acrylic grapes!! I've seen them on ebay... *bites nails*)

I don't eat a lot of sweets any more, don't miss them really - except for fruity flavoured licorice (and turkish delight, but you know about that already). I was expecting this time of year to be a trial for me, though, cos this is when my favourite licorice is sold in pretty jars - and I'm a sucker for pretty jars too. So, since November I've been half-looking for the licorice in the shops but, alas, there was none to be found. Huzzah! - I thought - I won't have to buy any!
I found some yesterday. *sigh*
The jars are different from the ones they've been using for the past few years, but still nice. Bought a jar, naturally, and proceeded to make myself sick on 1kg of fruity licorice. The daft thing is, despite being ill from eating all that licorice and despite knowing it's going to make me ill if I do it again - I will go and get another jar before New Year, at least, and eagerly await them coming on sale afterwards...

Had a look at the new Barbie's yesterday, too.
They are very pretty. Of the three available, I like the vaguely eurasion one, Chelsea, the best - I could play with her. I think her clothes are nicer than what the other two are wearing anyway; the leather mini-skirt is just yum. Barbie herself looks like a real bimbo, very Clueless, though still quite pretty. I'd like to get Chelsea, I admit, but I - *pointed look at th' thicket* - will be able to stop at just one doll I'm sure... :)
(Onna, I'd also noticed these dolls looked a little like the Bratz ones. Okapiprincess has a theory that Mattel has been rattled by the Bratz' success and is following the trend, so to speak.)

The cubs have finished school for the year. *deep sigh*
They got their end of year reports a couple of days ago and while the results were good, they contained echoes of my own school reports... 'could do better if he concentrated more'. Bah! Who can be bothered concentrating on external stuff when what's going on in your head is so much more interesting!

Going to change my room around. The way it's set up at the moment, my bed is directly opposite the door and my computer desk is on the left as you come into the room. The computer chair effectively blocks what little walk-way there is between the bed and the desk which means the wardrobe, which is on the other side of the desk, is too hard to get to so under-utilised. So, I'm going to put the wardrobe and desk where the bed was, and the bed over by the window where the wardrobe was. The added advantage of this is that I can lie in bed and watch the stars through the window. :)
Now what I need is a different computer desk, one that goes up instead of out and I'll be able to squeeze another book-shelf in...

Woohoo! We've signed up for a cable-modem connection.
It'll be installed in the cubs' father's room sometime mid-january, but I won't be getting the benefit of it until the other computers in the house have been hooked up to a LAN. *rolls eyes*
Fine, whenever...

No comments: