Monday, December 02, 2002

The cubs woke me up early today so they could get their 'surprise' from the advent calenders... aaarrgh...
In the number 2 bags were small chocolate treats (a Caramello Koala and a Freddo Frog, respectively) and a small squishy doll sort of thing covered in softish spikes. These were well received, though one of the cubs managed to lose his at school *rolls eyes*.
No doubt they'll happily wake me up early tomorrow and every day until xmas... aarrgh...

At the museum, in the childrens' area, is a playground full of good, old-fashioned sorts of games like stilts, and quoits, and checkers (played on a huge board) and noughts-and-crosses (ditto) and skittles. I've decided I want a skittle lane, shouldn't be hard to set up at the side of the house : ) Of course, I'll need a set of proper wooden skittles and ball... I remember there was a woodworker in Tasmania who made them. Heh, well I've been wanting to get back down there for years, this sounds like a perfect excuse. And I'd like a croquet set (was quite disappointed that no-one gave the cubs' father and I this traditional wedding present when we got married *grin*) and a bocci set. Now that's a fun game even when playing with boys who can throw the jack much, much further than I could ever hope to throw the balls. : )

No comments: