Monday, December 09, 2002

(knicked from Onna's blog)
//Of course, I still have Mahrayne in a flowing gown waiting to be put to paper with a pencil.//

*happy squeak* I can be patient, yes I can...

I didn't think Battlefield Earth would be much chop, Joules, I only got a couple of chapters into the book before I abandoned it, just couldn't bring myself to read any more of it's unique brand of crap.

Heh, after months of waiting, and several changes in programming, Cartoon Network has DBZ playing again at a time I can watch it (9.30pm) and the story's finally gotten back around to almost where it left off before it was - to my disgust - repeated. We're currently at the start of the World Tournament before our heroes go off and deal with BippityBoppityBoo. Finally. Hopefully this time the barstid programmers will let us see the rest of the eps. Grrrr....

Feeling a bit - dislocated at the moment. My own fault, I spent a few hours this afternoon reading Margaret Atwood's Handmaid's Tale (compulsive, disturbing) and I got sucked in to the world-frame. It happens a lot if I spend more than half an hour reading something, and then RL can sometimes be difficult to get back to. Years ago, I read the entire set of Elf Quest graphic novels in about 4 hours - it was days before I completely shook myself free of it, reality was just so... bland in comparison. This disassociation wasn't so much of a problem before I had the cubs, but I can't really afford to let it happen now, I need to be in the same continuum as my children.

No comments: