Tuesday, December 24, 2002

*stops twiddling thumbs to type*
Dum de dum...
Xmas eve and I'm knackered. I'm trying to stay awake until the cubs are asleep and I can direct Father Xmas to the pillowcases strewn over the xmas tree. The cubs are in bed now, gamely trying to keep quiet and go to sleep...

The bright spot of today was a visit from Okapiprincess and her lovely Vikingprincess daughter. :) (I'm serious, Vp is blonde-haired, blue-eyed, almost as tall as me and 10 years old. She's going to be one of those gorgeous, willowy creatures when she grows up...) Anyway, Okapiprincess gave the cubs a small lolly stocking each - thank heavens they were small, the cubs were bouncing off the walls as it was - and I got 2 prettypretty glass fish dishes! Weeee! *happy squeak*

I've been threatening the cubs for the past week with no xmas presents if their room wasn't clean by xmas eve. Spent most of today, despite being ill, cleaining their room. And they did help, a little, complaining bitterly all the while about the Dickensian working conditions. In effect - 'we really love you, mummy, why are you treating us like this?' (ie: making them work) ... grrrr... Because I'm not your bloody servant! Is it fair that I have to clean up all your mess by myself? No, it isn't, so you're going to help me clean your room or else!
Their room's not clean, not completely, but the chaos is a little more ordered. Am I going to follow through on my threat?
*sigh* No. Mostly because I don't want to do anything that will make my babies think ill of me.
What a wuss...

Kittenkong brought in 2 baby birds today. Tiny, wee things with barely a few tufts of down between them. One was definitely dead, but the other was still alive. That one is currently tucked up warmly in a box, wrapped in one of the boys old nappies. It'll probably die, but it'll die warm at least.
That cat needs a cow bell.

Damn!
Another year and no xmas cards (actual or email) sent out.
Sorry. Maybe next year. : )

No comments: