Saturday, January 11, 2003

Congratulations on getting a new mattress, Joules, but please don't fall out of bed and give yourself concussion, you've got work to do!
Interesting that you should talk about colours too, cos only yesterday I was looking - with some amazement - at the amount of pink I've got lurking about, and reviewing my choice of colours throughout my life. I remember really liking mauve when I was younger, and blue, but not green cos both my primary and secondary school uniforms were green so that ruled that out as a recreational colour. When I left school I did black/grey for almost a year with little forays into pink accents - well, it was the eighties after all - eventually sequeing [sic] into teals and purples and electric blues as well as black. After the cubs were born I went very dark and dowdy in my colours, sort of an attempt to not draw attention to myself, I think, but I got better after a couple of years and started using brighter colours again, greens and purples primarily. The pink thing only really started a year or so ago, much to my surprise, and started with the PowerPuff Girls. I'd always viewed pink with deep suspicion seeing it as unbearably wussy and girly, but I like pink now, strong pinks anyway, still not keen on pastels (of any description, unless they're used imaginatively/quirkily like the flashing uke bunny ears) and I just can't come at blue anymore, with exceptions for a couple of shades of it, it feels like such a weak colour. Odd, eh? Blue is obviously not a colour I need right now...

Just keep those lollies coming, Onna, they're much appreciated. : )

And Soulsis got Gohan as her quiz result I see. Hee hee hee - see, still related, even in quizzes. (ok, soulsis, seeing as you don't watch DBZ... Gohan and Goten are brothers, 'k?)

Weee! Another page written for the new fic (tentatively titled Safe from Harm) and the first bit of the joint AC chapter done. Mind you, I barely had any contact with the cubs today... There has to be a happy medium between time with the cubs and writing, ne?

No comments: