Sunday, January 12, 2003

[*scowls at the intrusive neko and Saiyan* Shoo, get away from there! How can she write with you lot piled in her lap?]

... 'bookworm' hamster - Maxwell; 'baby' hamster - Cappy; 'handy' hamster - Panda; 'gypsy' hamster - Jingle; 'gymnastic' hamster - Snappy...

Gods I'm bored.
It's not that I don't have anything to do, oh dear me no, it's just that with one or two exceptions, everything I can do is of no interest to me at all. I wouldn't be bored if I could sit down and write, but I can't do that cos the cubs are home and I'm 'on call' to their demands 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and it's wonderful that they like to be close to me but for my sanity/equilibrium I need solitude every now and again.
And it's hot, and the hotter it gets the less likely I am to tolerate life's little mishaps.
'Only boring people get bored.'
Whoever dropped that pearl of wisdom (I suspect it was a nun) can go screw themselves.

On the plus side, I did manage to get a wee bit more of 'Safe' done, and I almost finished the cubs' aprons (for their restaurant, Toby's, remember) and I was allowed to sit down and watch what I wanted - eps 3 & 4 of the BBC's 'Elizabeth R' (thanks, Okapiprincess :) - while I pinned, then hand-hemmed the equivalent of 2 1/2 metres of chocolate brown cloth. Good job I enjoy hand-sewing, eh? Yes, I could've used my sewing machine, but it's a hassle setting it up and it's technology after all... a needle and thread is so much simpler. (Tch, reminds me, I need to go to Niki's and hijack her rotary cutter so I can cut some more pieces for my quilt.)

Oh, and it looks like the cubs will eat baked beans again. This is good, that means there's something to take the place of omelettes - now deleted - on the (very short) list of things they'll eat...

Hn, it's sposed to be hot again tomorrow, then cooler for the next couple of days. I'll have to take the cubs out somewhere then or cabin fever will set in with a vengeance...

Mmmm.... Hornblower.. such an evocative name, don't you think?

2 days ago I was in the supermarket and there was easter eggs and hot cross buns for sale...

No comments: