Sunday, January 19, 2003

(hey, look what I learnt to do!)
[No tutus? *pout* But I've got a turqouise one that won't clash with your colouring... *wheedling* It's got rhinestones on it...]

Soulsis and I went out this afternoon. We went to Borders a book barn that has a cafe where you can take the books to read.
While I was scoffing my dried tomato, pesto and chives muffin and sipping my mocha latte, I browsed through a Rex Dupain book. I love looking at books on photography, makes me wistful to have a camera again, and a darkroom. Maybe my next house (tentatively pre-named 'Chez Otter' remember?) will have a space I can use as a darkroom...
The next book I picked up was one of Jamie Oliver's (you know, 'the naked chef'; though that's a misnomer if ever I saw one) cookbooks. Mmmm, lovely recipes... It was half-way through that book that Soulsis and I decided it was time to get something to eat.
We wandered around the - one of three - food-courts in the shopping centre, spoilt for choice as to what to eat, eventually choosing a little japanese restaurant. I had vegetarian tempura and soulsis had a big serve of meat. Nummy.
Then we met up with Niki and the three of us went to see The Two Towers.
This sequel was as good for a laugh as the original. But you can keep your poncy elves, some o' them burly Horse Lords will do me - just give them a bath and brush their hair. As soulsis put it: 'Bathe that one and bring him to my tent...' *grin* I like the Horse Lords as a people but then they're based on Saxons and the white horse as a symbol has always tugged at my soul. I was blissing out on the 'landscape' shots, lots and lots of mountain scenes, I love mountains - and I could see myself being quite happy living with the Ents.

Have I told you how much I despise elves?

These came from Okapiprincess's journal...

Hee, it's purple!

This is my little bit of the Mandelbrot set.
I got it from the mandelbit generator.
You can get one there too.


... and then not actually knowing what 'Mandelbrot set' was - and being terminally curious - I found this website.


I wanted to get the 'Hindi Wedding' costume...


gothic%20tower
Which Moulin Rouge Satine costume are you?

brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: