Saturday, January 25, 2003

[*wide, blue eyes* I suppose the pink feather boa is for me? Lemon cheesecake? Mmmm... Before or after judicious application of the rose-scented massage oil? *smirk*]

I've done something that might get me lynched - or not, depends on some peoples moods...
Nope, no hints, you just have to wait and see. (Of course, now that I've drummed up this interest, people will look at it and go 'is that it??' *grin*)

Melbourne's just had the hottest day in 60 years, apparently. It got to 44 degrees today. Bloody awful. KittenKong spent the day as a furry puddle on the floor and the ambient temperature in the house meant everything metal was hot to the touch. Of course, using the computer was out of the question... Worst of all though was I lost 2 of my 4 guinea-pigs. : ( Poor little things. Almost lost a third, but I got her inside to the - relative - cool, and rehydrated and I think she's going to be OK; she was still eating and drinking and grooming herself, even though she was a touch wobbly on her feet. See how we go, it's not going to be as hot tomorrow. We've had days so far this summer that were very hot, but each time it's cooled down enough at night to sleep properly. It didn't last night - 5 hours of broken, sweating sleep. I feel so rested. Not.
But there's nothing like washing your face with a spider to wake you up!
Was just some hapless garden spider that got brought in with the washing I think, but wouldn't you know it, the one time I don't check the face-washer before using it... *grin*

OK, there was something else I was going to mention but buggered if I can remember it. Really should write things down when I think of them...

No comments: