Thursday, January 23, 2003

(nicked off Joules blog:)

And how could I make my patented Potato Soup without real potatoes!? [Cue quick recipe: saute peasant-chopped bacon, onion and garlic in large saucepan, add (instant) chicken stock, fill pan with peeled diced potatoes and sliced Cumberland sausage, season with freshly ground black pepper, ground nutmeg and fresh basil and top up with water, simmer gently until cooked and thick and smelling irresistible and serve with sliced hot crusty buttered baquette... minimal preparation, cooks itself unattended, and lasts about five minutes in this house if you're lucky, regardless how much I make...]

Oooh, Joules! Can I come round for dinner, pleeeeease!?

Joules and I have been furiously plotting and scheming like - like plotting and scheming things and we're knackered. We think we deserve a little bit of pampering... *looks around, pointedly* Well?
*grin*

No comments: