Thursday, February 27, 2003

[3 days? *small, hopeful smile* That's not too long...]

Don't worry, OkapiPrincess, I'd never hurt your dolls, I'm careful about, um, tampering with other people's property. Just can't guarantee the safety of any dolls that find their way into my hands... Though I do still find the eurasianish 'New Scene' barbie - ack, what was her name? Madison? Chelsea? Basingstoke? - quite attractive. But not the actual Barbie barbie - I have dark thoughts about her, she reminds me of Melony...
And I'd still like to go see LoTR wth you. I promise not to laugh derisively at the elves. : ) Or rather, not laugh too loudly...

Finally felt well enough to go back to the school library and finish updating the database. Not quite sure what happened, but - the preps were all new students, fair enough they had no library record and had to be put in from scratch, but I would've thought the other students, having been at the school last year, would've already had records and all I'd have to do was edit them to update their year level/class name. Nothing is ever simple, is it? Gods know why but none of the other students were on the database either so I had to create their records from scratch as well. Not a problem, really, it's a small school and it only took a couple of hours - very easy to do. So now, hopefully, everyone is on the library database and I can keep my fledgling reputation for efficiency.

There's a travelogue sort of program on Discovery Channel (or the Coffee Channel - as the cubs used to call it when they were about 3. Had us wondering for days why they called it that, I mean, there hadn't been any programs about coffee that we knew about : ) in New Zealand. Lots of steep mountains and deep gorges and icy rivers. *sigh* Love to visit there.
[*smirk* Heh, who needs a helicopter to get access to these places?]

Tch, I'm craving real (ie: fresh brewed) coffee. Have to ask soulsis if she can get me some of the organic East Timor grown coffee at the market on saturday. And speaking of organic coffee, found a NZ brand of instant coffee in the supermarket last week. It's OK, I guess, a couple of notches about International Roast but not as good as Moccona. Hn, probably on a par with Nescafe but not quite as bitter. Mind you, that was the powdered type I tried, they have a granulated type as well, which might be nicer. I'll try that next time.

Oooh bloody Legolas!
'The red sun rises, there was blood spilt last night...'
No-fucking-shit, sherlock.... Elves...

No comments: