Thursday, February 20, 2003

Well that'll teach me... went to lick a dribble of sauce from the side of one of my cast-iron skillets before I washed it.
Chipped one of my front teeth, didn't I? *rolls eyes* Not a bad chip, just a little indentation in the bottom edge, not painful but enough to feel the irregularity with my tongue and lip.

I've been helping in the school library, I think I've mentioned this before. I'm really enjoying it. : )
The thing is, parents are encouraged to help out around the school, to volunteer for things - it helps lower the running costs and creates a feeling of 'community', apparently. While the cubs were in prep and Year 1 I volunteered for PMP (perceptual motor program), which wasn't too bad, even if it meant I worked up a sweat supervising little groups of boisterous brats through the exercises and had ringing ears and a hoarse throat from trying to make myself heard over the chaos. But Year 2's don't do PMP which left me with the options for volunteering for the canteen, or helping in the classroom with reading and math, none of which appealed at all.
Very pleased when I found out I could work in the library. *g* I'll happily spend 5 hours a week there where I'd begrudge that 5 hours over a term doing anything else.
Today was a bit of an adventure too - I was attempting to update the borrowers list, delete the students who had left the school and add the new preps. A straight-forward task, one would think? Yes, if the users manual had been any help at all. After 2 hours of trial and error on mine and the school secretary's part, we got it sussed. Was actually very simple - I'd been trying to delete the barcoded numbers for the ex-students, with no success at all.. turns out I didn't need to do that, I simply had to overwrite the details of the old student with the new... *sigh* Still, I feel like I've achieved something today, and when I go in tomorrow to update the rest of the school list (shifting them all up a grade, basically) it won't take me long at all! *g*

I made myself more rice paper roll-up things tonight. Almost the same as last time only with fresh coriander this time, and a sprinkling of crushed, roasted peanuts... Mmmmm....

No comments: