Friday, December 26, 2003

<stretch-yawn> Well, that's another xmas over with. It wasn't too bad actually. Sure I overspent horribly (I'm not even going to check the amount in my account cos I know I'll start panicking about the rent) but we've got 2 extremely happy cubs who've been telling me this is the best xmas they've ever had. : ) Heh, I remember how much of a big deal it was getting a bike.
Met up with Mum and a friend, and soulsis and her chicks at Healesville Sanctuary ('See nature close up'! Yeah, so close it tries to nick your flipping lunch! Bloody ibises... : ) for our now traditional picnic. It was good, despite the heat. Ate a lot but not excessively, and the load we carried out was considerably lighter than what we brought in. (Soulsis, I polished off your cheese twists and mini-quiches for dinner. Nummy, thanks!)
I got some very cool presents too! <reverting to excited child persona> Sparkly window danglies from Soulsis and Niki, sparkly grapes and an otter picture on slate from Soulsis and chicks, 2 small patchwork wall-hangings Mum made for me and... other stuff that embarrassingly escapes me right now. Tch, must be tired if I can't recall all my loot.

Finished watching Yami no Matsuei...
<clawing gouges in desk> There has to be more! Tell me there's MORE!
<g> I really enjoyed that series, intriguing world-frame, loads of potential there for expansion and some of the funniest japanglish subtitles I've had the pleasure of witnessing. : )
"Hey... wart a minute!"
"I nearty died!"
"Wh... shat is that?"

Oh dear oh dear...
Not typed by native English spearkers, perhaps?

Heh, and after a couple of days pondering I now have the entire plot arc for 'Elga' filed away neatly in my brain (the first chapter was recently posted in the DarkRealm section of The Zone). But, 'Dancing' has to take priority at the moment.
Joules' latest Ultimate Muscle thing has been posted too... Go, Dik Dik! <smirk> I'm thinking I'll have to rewatch the series now to catch all the hysterical snippets Joules has been quoting at me!

No comments: