Sunday, December 28, 2003

<wince> I really should invest in shoes appropriate for my special-needs feet...
The cubs and I went to the Aquarium today - (after I went to book the tickets to Adelaide but that's a whole 'nother story.)
It's been a while since we've been to see the fishies but it was still a lot of fun. Not terribly crowded either, which was a bonus. The cubs both got shark hand-puppets plus keychains to hang off the Tidja Midja Nidja back-packs they got for xmas, and I treated myself to a tacky clown fish statuette. : )
One of the Aquarium staff noticed the cubs pretending to be port jackson sharks (hard to miss, they were sprawled in the middle of the floor - I've got photos) and a little while later as she was hosting a trivia quiz thing she pointed out the 'Port Jackson Shark Twins' to the rest of the audience. <head in hands> Needless to say the cubs were thrilled and thereafter introduced themselves to anyone who even vaguely looked in their direction. I tell you - sometimes it can be a trial being the mother of 'characters'... <g>
We stopped in at Hearn's Hobbies on the way home so the cubs could drool over the Hornby system Thomas stuff (and so I could drool over the model car kits. Mmmm... 1970 Ford Torino... I'd paint mine purple...)

Ack! Just remembered the dream I had last night! I was marrying Professor Utonium [sic?] at my old high-school. Oookaaay....

Okay I admit it, I'm procrastinating. I've started another Dystopia chapter rather than knuckle down to finish 'Dancing'. Why? Gods know. Fear of failure? Fear of success? Eh.

Finished the fourth strip for my quilt - only 9 more to go then I can sew them all together! : )

Awwww! Kai's card for you looks wonderful, Joules, and that photo's amazing! I'd like to see that photo album as well. : )

Oh good grief! Thundercats?! Centurions was bad enough (though the Village People undertone is vaguely amusing). Time to change the channel...

No comments: