Saturday, December 20, 2003

When the cubs and I got home from school the other day, we found a bird (African Minor - horrible things) had got itself trapped in the kitchen and was flapping frantically at a window trying to get out. (The fact there was an open window right next to it hadn't penetrated it's puny brain.) The cubs squeaked and ran away (such natureboys - not : ) and even KittenKong, sensibly, kept her distance. I have mentioned I don't like birds, haven't I? Fortunately the stupid thing was in a corner so it wasn't too much effort to wrap it in a towel and redirect it to the open window. The bloody thing shrieked when I nabbed it - probably from fright - but flew away happily enough.
Heh, I must be growing up or something, first getting the bird out of the house then shooing a half-grown (2 inches across) huntsman spider away from the washing-up and out of the window without freaking out... Of course, all bets would've been off if it'd been a full-grown spider. <shudder>

Last day of school yesterday and the final assembly for the year was mostly a reprise of the xmas concert. <twitch>
Had an amusing python moment though (as in Monty Python). At one point the principal told the children to 'sit up straight, hands in your laps... your own laps.'
<blinks> Pardon? I had visions of black-gowned school masters looking sheepish...

Right, one of the demon things I've finished - 'Mismatch' - is now posted in the DarkRealms, (which you can access from both the Dystopia and Zone pages). It's a prequel of sorts, to 'Annaia'.
Joules has told me she's starting her next AC, which is brill but eeep! my chapter comes before that! Better get a move on then, eh?
(Oh, and 'Games' her latest Ultimate Muscle fic is finished. Mmmm... I do like Joules' lemons... : )

Almost came home with another kitten yesterday - one of the mums was trying to find homes for them before going to the pet-shop. Two things stopped me.. well, 3 things. First - I don't think KK would've been terribly impressed, second we don't have any screens on the windows so it would be difficult to keep the wee thing inside while it adjusts to us (during Winter, not a problem, we can keep the windows shut) and third, pretty as they were, none of them really connected with me. Unlike KittenKong whose name popped into my head within seconds of first holding her. : )
Got offered a rabbit as well, which I said 'no' to after thinking about it - must've been a day for it.

Watched a program about Liberace last night.
There were people who seriously thought he was straight? Good grief, I grew up knowing he wasn't - I got shouted at in Primary school for even suggesting such a thing!
Heh, mind you the same thing happened in High School - getting yelled at for saying similar about The Village People. <g> Maybe I've always had a finely tuned gaydar...

No comments: