Sunday, December 14, 2003

There's one good thing about the cubs rediscovering their obsession with Thomas, they're not wallowing in Cartoon Network anymore. That is such a relief cos let's face it, with a couple of notable exceptions, most of what's shown on CN is crap, either retro-crap <shudder> or contemporary crap, or retro-crap revisited <SHUDDER>. It's a shame, there's so much fantastic, entertaining, well-made and - yes - even educational children's programs about but they hardly ever find their way onto pay-TV.

I downloaded a x-stitch converter program thingy the other day (thanks for that, Penny!) and have been playing with it. The only problem with the freeware version is that the 'save' function's been disabled so - in theory - you can't save/print anything you've done unless you buy the software. In theory. <smirk> There are ways around that (thank you, again, Penny : ) It's a little fiddly but it still works. I've been experimenting with a couple of screencaps of Vash (such pretty eyes) and I think I can get a workable stitch pattern. Hee! Something to take with me to do when Soulsis and I go to Adelaide.

... and speaking of which...
You'd think it'd be a simple thing, getting a train ticket interstate.

Very difficult getting motivated at the moment - end of year blah's I think. One more week of school left...
Almost done with the short prequel(?) to the last demon-thing I finished - then I can get on with the magical girl thing which is clamouring at me.
(Not wanting to whinge or anything but I'm just not looking at the list of pending/half-finished projects waiting for my attention cos the sheer volume will scare me into immobility. : )

The cubs went to the end of year disco at school on friday night. It was very cute, watching all these little kids boppin' around though I have to say that most of the music played did nothing for me. Heh, I listen to essentially indie radio, mainstream 'dance' music is very, very dull in comparison. : )

No comments: