Wednesday, December 24, 2003

OkapiPrincess sent me an email - I had to share it...
"We saw a lot of people in costumes. We saw a lot of people attacking other people who were in costumes. There was a lot of seemingly pointless running and screaming. People were whipping each other with leashes. People who shouldn't be wearing spandex, were. The hotel staff looked slightly mortified. It was hilarious."

I have been doodling about on the net looking at all the majesty of yaoi sites...and the above is a quote from a report about Yaoi-Con 2003 which happened in San Francisco...
I would have thought the hotel staff in SF would be inured to anything!

<bg> The staff probably wouldn't have even blinked at a BDSM convention!
I think a lot of people have problems coping with 'fandom', even well-known ones like Trek still get raised eyebrows and sniggers, let alone that 'weird jap cartoon stuff'.
Ahhhh, ordinary people.. such fun to mess with their minds...
Still like to get to YaoiCon one year - heh, maybe I can treat myself (and everyone else) when I become rich and famous.


No comments: