Tuesday, July 22, 2003

... I have no idea what day it is ...
Was all geared up to take a video tape 'round to Niki's so she could record the first ep of the new season of MDA (Medical Defense Australia) for me so I could watch the second last episodes of BeBop & BGC2040 which are on at the same time and which I missed on Saturday night having gone out to do grown-up things... All this happens on Wednesday and I only remembered it was Tuesday today at the last minute ... eheh...

My next AC is almost done, huzzah!
This chapter was awkward to write. When I was away from the computer it beguiled me with tantalising glimpses of what was going to happen but when I sat down to write it became all coy and shy and slippery and I couldn't come to grips with it. Tch.
But I can summon some small measure of determination when necessary and have managed to finish the bloody thing. Hmph.
Dystopia next...

Joules has started posting in her Haadri blog. She's planning on using it as a sort of bulletin board to let people know how her magnificent octopus is coming along...
(*giggling* Sorry, for those not familiar with Rowan Atkinson's 'Black Adder' series, 'magnificent octopus' is what Baldric miscalls 'magnum opus' which according to my Oxford Concise means 'great literary undertaking, writer's or other artist's chief production')

I was watching an episode of The Professionals yesterday ('Not a very civil Civil Servant') and I got terribly excited. Not because of the phwooarness of the Lads or anything sensible like that but because in the scene where our heroes are meeting someone at a 'rough' pub, on the bar of said pub is a plastic ice-bucket shaped like a pineapple - and I've got one just like it!
Soulsis found it for me a couple of years ago and it's one of my favourite bits of tat. In my next house it will sit proudly atop the television... : )
It's all perspective, isn't it?
(Incidentally, one of these ice-buckets made an appearance in the film 'Chopper' which is about an australian crinimal... I'm beginning to wonder if there's a connection between immitation fruit and the seedier side of life... hmm...)

I could really go some rich fruit cake right now, especially if it was covered in marzipan and fondant icing... mmmm... : )


(nicked from Talon's blog:)
So, for pop-can chicken, take a can of your favorite soda, (or beer) drink about half of it, then shove it up into the chicken cavity.

*confused*
You shove the can into the chicken? That sort of makes sense...
And I love cherry coke but the closest we have here is Dr. Peppers.

No comments: