Wednesday, July 09, 2003

I'd just like to say that going grocery shopping without the cubs does not constitute 'time by myself'...
The cubs had a good day though, they spent the afternoon at the park with a friend while I did the shopping, then the friend came back here for an hour or so. Much fun was had by all, apparently.

Yesterday I sat down with the cubs and we made the pretend stained glass window things they got for their birthday. Was fiddly, but fun. One cub had mixed all the colours together, so instead of trying to seperate them we just spread the lot out over the frame - it came out looking like brightly coloured measles, very effective. : ) The other cub and I used tweezers to neatly place all the beads in his, that also worked out really well - time-consuming, but fun. What the instructions on the packet failed to mention though, is the necessity of having adequate ventilation in the kitchen while these things are cooking cos the smell of melting plastic is overwhelming!

Theoretically, the cubs and I are going to another park tomorrow with another friend, then the museum on Friday and the aquarium with my mum on Sunday. Saturday I'm planning on staying home, preferably in my room either hiding under the covers or *gasp* finishing a bloody fic!
.. and then the cubs are back at school on monday... ack, these hols have gone quickly!

No comments: