Tuesday, July 08, 2003

The cubs and I walked up to the shops today (gosh, what exciting outings I'm arranging for my children! *g*). Picked up the 2 little glass bunches of grapes, only 50cents each, bargain. They're now sitting in front of one of my pairs of fishie salt'n'pepper shakers. : )

This evening I thriftily turned some old towels into wash cloths, and turned a large bright green chenille bedspread into 2 smaller ones for the cubs. The bedspread was one I found years ago on the side of the road and I had the intention of making some cushions out of it (it's a really pretty green!) but the cubs claimed it cos it made the best play mat. So, now they can have one each (saves squabbles) and it's much easier to hang 2 smaller ones out to dry than struggle to get one large one over the washing line without bits of it falling in the mud.
Hm, now the sewing machines out, what else can I do? *g*

No comments: