Sunday, July 06, 2003

The cubs and I went to Smorgys for dinner tonight. Not our usual Smorgys, but one 10 minutes drive away...
The food was marginally better, there was a tad more variety and the gravy was nicer, though - I have no idea how they did it - the salads were more boring. The decor was still 'frenetic islander', stuffed to the gills with fake plants and plushie animals, but instead of a dicky fake waterfall that puts on a fountain and coloured lights and bubbles display every half hour, this Smorgys had (in a courtyard outside) an overgrown pool with a dicky 5 foot tall easter island type head that sneezed gouts of flame every half hour. Very exciting. *rolls eyes* I did catch glimpses of imitation birds lurking amongst the foilage but I didn't have a good enough look to see if they had holes in the tops of their heads with water dribbling out. (refer: previous discussions of Smorgys : )
I think the cubs are all Smorgys'ed out, thank gods, should be ages before they want to go again.

Cool! I'm about half-way through the next Dystopia chapter (not a Shinju/Okami one, sorry, Talon) and it's coming together nicely. Which is good, it's awful trying to force a fic that just doesn't want to be written. *g*

... and so the second week of the hols looms nigh... Spose I better think of something fun to do with the cubs - and get round to cleaning my room...

Must remember to go to the art shop (where I got my tile fish) and pick up the 2 small glass bunches of grapes I saw.. might do that tomorrow... but right now I'm going to scoff the jam donut I got from the bakery today while the cubs and I went for a walk to the supermarket. Heh heh heh!

No comments: