Saturday, July 26, 2003

'S funny, Joules says she can't work without music whereas I find it easier to concentrate when it's quiet. I can tune out the television if necessary but music is always a distraction. Love having music when I'm doing the housework though. I was listening to the Beatles today, sang myself hoarse while I cleaned.
I've loved the Beatle's music for a long time, been listening to it for most of my life. My favourite period covers the 'Help', 'Revolver' and 'Rubber Soul' albums when their music started evolving from simple love songs into something more complex, and before they descended into psychodelia. 'Yellow Submarine' has a special place in my heart though, it's the first time I can remember being prompted to use my imagination to extrapolate a situation. What would it be like to actually live on a submarine? How would the living quarters be organised? Where would the food come from etc? *g* (Can't remember how old I was at the time, under 6, i think...) I've used that mental dexterity to good effect ever since, first for over a decade of role-playing and now in my writing.

Mum gave us her old vacuum cleaner and the cubs and I used it tonight on their bedroom floor. It's got a 'power head' attachment with a built-in light and the cubs thought it was fabulous fun being able to vacuum in the dark. *shakes head* Whatever it takes to get them to help out... : )

WAAAAH! *sniffle* BeBop's finished. Too sooky to say much about it other than damn those Japanese and their enigmatic endings! *poutsniffle*
(Oh and *grumble* the only characters that really caught my, um, attention - Shin and Gren - both ended up dead. Hmph.) I will get this series on DVD – I'm determined to...

(nicked from Joules' blog re Jackson:)
...but to bring to life someone so thoroughly nasty... [shakes head] I may have fun torturing him, but he's your creation, and I am very, very impressed...

Cor, thanks! *blush* Needless to say I wouldn't have been able to do it without what I've learnt from you... : )

No comments: