Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Now *that* is one cool kid, Joules! *g*

Ack, I made the mistake the other day of saying that I hadn't been ill for ages.
Tch, that's one of those things you just don't say, it's right up there with 'gee, it's quiet today...'. But I'm only feeling a bit listless with a bit of a sore throat so fingers crossed it won't descend into a full blown chest infection, they take ages to shake off. Discovered I'm almost out of peppermint oil though, hopefully I can pick some up later this week. I need my peppermint oil, I feel vulnerable without it. Silly really. At least I've still got plenty of peppermint tea...

School photos came back today. They're acceptable, not brilliant, but acceptable. The class photos – taken outside – are way too contrasty for my tastes but that's just me being a picky, photographic snob. : ) Bloody things cost a fortune too, but I can't begrudge it really cos I know in future years the cubs are going to get a kick out of looking at their old school photos. I know I like looking at mine. *g*

It's been quite difficult shoving myself back into the mind-frame for this novel. The problem is, I think, that much as I want to write to it, it doesn't grab my imagination the way the AC and Dystopia do. This world frame doesn't dangle in front of my eyes, twinkling and shining like some weird-arse disco ball. (Pretty! Shiny! *g*)
But, no, a week doing nothing else but this (nothing else I say, glaring at the host of charas jostling for prominence in my forebrain) should help me get some sort of discipline going. I need to or I'm never going to finish it.
Heh, maybe if I promise myself I can start something new at the end of the week, providing I've done a reasonable amount? : )

No comments: