Thursday, July 24, 2003

I bought the cubs some cheaters chopsticks, the ones that are joined at the top, which they love using. Eventually one day they'll graduate to real chopsticks. : )

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not but at the end of last term they had a Video Day at school where the different classes got to make a short film and try their hands at stop-frame animation. We got the video of that today. *shakes head* Overacting at any age! The cubs were thrilled to see each other on television though - no doubt we'll be seeing a lot of that video for the next little while. : )

The next Dystopia is coming along nicely – even though the main character isn't nice at all. I really don't like Jackson... >: (
Joules kind of issued me a challenge today to try and write something that will really squick her.
Hah! Yeah right – her tolerance to squick is greater than mine and for me to write something that really bothers her means it's likely to traumatise me! *g* [Fluffy bunnies-R-us!]
Kitty seemed to do the trick though... *smirk*

Egad we're at the end of the second week of term already! It's another short term, 9 weeks long. *sigh* Already looking forward to the break!
Though I can't deny I'm revelling in having time to myself while the cubs are in school, it's when I do the majority of my writing. Sometimes I can manage to get some done in the evenings as well, especially if the cubs' father takes them out for dinner, and sometimes – if the distractions aren't too bad, ie: television, room full of people – I can get something done at night. : )

(nicked from Joules' blog:)
Oh, and special certificates (I have the sneaking suspicion everyone got one for something) were given out - Kai's was for being the best smiler in the class!

Awww! Well done, bratling! A lovely smile is more valuable than gold. : )

Mmmm. tinned tomato soup with added thyme and white pepper, served with fresh bread smothered in real butter... *happy sigh*

No comments: