Sunday, July 27, 2003

My feet hurt - the cubs and I went to Scienceworks today. :)
It was fun, though tiring. There was a new exhibit to explore, 'House Secrets' full of oversize models of household items with accompanying displays of how they work. Very cool! (And the 'mascot' for the exhibition is little brown house mouse, there's photos of it everywhere - so cute!)
Heh, the cubs don't like seagulls. When we were eating our lunch outside one cub was patrolling to keep the seagulls away while the other tossed our sandwich crusts to the sparrows. Sparrows aren't stupid, within minutes they'd sussed the situation and grouped together on the opposite side of the cubs to the seagulls. *g*
Had a little money to spend in the gift shop today as well. The cubs each got a fridge magnet, a tiny shark floating in a half-sphere of clear plastic - and I bought myself a prettyshiny. It's, I assume, a piece of clear quartz that's been tumbled round and smooth. It's surface looks frosted and one end has been sliced through creating a kind of window to look inside. It's lovely, you hold it up to the light and the inside of the crystal 'room' sparkles! *happy grin*

Now, what goals shall I set for myself this week? Think I'll make this another week to concentrate on my novel. (Tch, does that sound as pretentious as I think it does? :) I realised today that even though I haven't written an awful lot yet, I haven't incorporated anything much about what was one of the original, central ideas. Do I try to include it now, in this first draft? Or do I just try and get as much down as possible and tweak the emphasis later? Hn...

Good grief, where did the weekend go?

Onna, I'm enjoying reading your fic! I'm not all that familiar with the anime, I have to admit, but it seems you've captured the feel of it, and the characters. : )


No comments: