Tuesday, March 11, 2003

... and so this morning the cub's father went haring off to avert a crisis with his special friend. (OK, in case you haven't guessed, the cub's father and I are seperated though still sharing a house.) He's not been feeling well the past few days so he's been sleeping a lot. Apparently, he woke up very late last night, immediately did the text-message thing to his girlfriend to let her know. 15 mins she rings back saying 'Why didn't you call? Why are you withdrawing from me?'
*rolls eyes* The message hadn't gone through.
Heh, if she thinks that's bad I should tell her some horror stories from early on in my relationship with him! Like, in the first year, how he'd disappear for days with no contact. I'd eventually ring him and find out he'd been gaming with his friends and he'd 'forgotten'. Or how for the first few years he'd routinely forget my birthday but spend lavishly on female friends 'just because'. And when he did eventually remember my birthday on time, he gave me a CD he'd already listened to... Didn't go a long ways to making me feel I had any significance to him, let me tell you.
But, on the bright side, he wouldn't do things like that now - I think I managed to civilize him somewhat. Just hope she appreciates my efforts...


No comments: