Monday, March 03, 2003

[eases self carefully into pool, wincing] What have I been doing to myself? Well...

I went back to that vahanah merchant - he's sneaky, that one, and I wondered if he had kept any tubers back. Turns out he had. Just seven of them, but that's enough to create a good show. Problem was, these really are the last ones available in the galaxy - and the price was higher than last time. [winces] And he'd learnt a few new tricks...

The water needs to be prepared - 75 (terran) hours undisturbed while the micro-organisms multiply, then another 13 for the bulbs to settle. I'd like to get the process started tomorrow - tell your friends to stay away from the pond for five days. After that the water will be safe to swim in, even to drop little bits of food in for the fish - but no chemicals, no salt, nothing oily, and nothing acidic (like lemon juice). Have them ask if they're unsure. [growls] Anything goes wrong this time and I will kill.

[floating, water soothing weals and aches, eyes closing] It's good to be home. I'll wait here for you...

No comments: