Wednesday, November 05, 2003

The cubs' father approached me this morning while I was ferreting around for school clothes and asked with a smile if I could remember what we were doing this time ten years ago. Oh, I remembered even though the memory had been overlaid with more relevant bits of information. November 5 is our anniversary - we would've been together 15 years in total.
I still find myself wondering if the marriage could've survived if I'd made more of an effort, but honestly, I don't think it would've, not without me continuing to suppress great chunks of myself. If I'd been completely honest with myself beforehand it's unlikely we would've gotten married anyway, but then I wouldn't have had the cubs... Heh, it's not like the time was wasted.
Sometimes I think it'd be nice not to be on my own but - I have a life, I don't need a partner...

The four-day weekend was very slack, ultimately, the only time the boys got out of their pyjama's was on sunday, when we went swimming, and yesterday when we <gasp> left the house. : )
First, we went to Penny and Sarah's for lunch then sat and watched 'Spirited Away'. (Or rather, Penny, Sarah and I watched the DVD while the cubs played in Sarah's room.) Very interesting movie with a fascinating, detailed world-frame. The animation was pretty good too, though there were times the lead character looked way too much like a monkey. : ) I'd like to see it again sometime.
When we got home from that in the late afternoon, Soulsis came and picked the cubs and I up and we went to Niki's place for dinner. I am so glad the bratlings are all of an age to play more or less harmoniously together now - Niki, Soulsis and I were left pretty much in peace! Very nice, and I sewed some more stars together - I've now completed 174. : )

Well I was sposed to get straight back to 'Dancing' but distracted myself with some more Dystopia. Far too easy to do! Heh, but once I get started it'll all tumble together pretty quickly.

No comments: