Sunday, November 16, 2003

I've been contemplating what colours I'd paint the walls in my house (if I owned my own home, that is, and didn't have to worry about fascist agent/owners freaking out if anything's changed - even if it's an improvement.) I really like the idea of a bright, eggyolk yellow for the entrance/hall way, something bright and cheery to walk into. Maybe a softer yellow for the kitchen? I think I'd stick with off-whites for the bathroom, but possibly something brighter (aqua?) for the toilet. Hmm.. though aqua would work in the bathroom too... Lounge-room? I'm not sure - it would depend on the furniture, I guess, but there's a creamy pale orange I've seen that I like. For my bedroom I thought something like a strawberry mousse colour but I know I'd get sick of that pretty quickly. Avocado? Pale olive/gum leaf? That'd be nice and wouldn't compete with my prettyshinys.
<sigh> I think I'm nesting again.

Yesterday was fraught - not only was it really hot (39 degrees! In November! Ack!) but I had to make the cubs sit down and work on a school project. My own fault, we've had 4 weeks to do it but instead of sensibly finishing it little by little I let it slide... I should point out that, unfortunately, I can't leave the cubs to do things like this on their own, it just doesn't happen, they have to be supervised. It's frustrating, especially when there's loads of other things that need my attention, but there's not a lot I can do about it.
So anyway, I figured I could maybe push the cubs for half an hour then let them have a break. Nope, had to push for half an hour before they got started. The morning session was bad, had a headache by the end of it. I had to try and field questions from 2 directions, (both cubs talking/shouting over the other unless I exercised rigid control) and try to keep them both on track and focused. My brain felt like mush by lunchtime. The afternoon session wasn't too bad because we were doing the more fun things - drawing, cutting and pasting - but it still felt like an uphill slog.

<bg> Joules has started the next AC (so good she's feeling well enough to write again!). As for me? Will do some more Dancing this week, that's a priority now, but for the rest? I have no idea. I think I'm fighting against the end-of-year lethargy. But I better make the most of these last weeks of term, going to have precious little time to myself once the summer holidays start...

No comments: