Monday, November 17, 2003

The cubs' father took the cubs and I to Smorgy's for dinner tonight.
It's far more satisfying to be half-full with good food than to be chockers with
mediocre...

I went to visit Okapi today. : ) We 'show and tell'ed our latest treasures and swapped stories of really dumb amounts of money we have/we almost spent on our obsessions. <g>
She also gave me the snowdome she found for me while in Perth - it's lovely, and sitting proudly now amongst its peers.

Heh, I was told this morning that because the school will be doing testing all this week I won't be needed as a classroom helper.
Yay! That's the last of my 'volunteer' days for the term, thank all the gods. I'm going to be strong and not put my name down for this next year - I'm more than happy to spend a few hours a week in the library but the classroom work is no fun at all.

Hee! Soulsis and her chicks will be coming down for a visit on the weekend. The cubs are looking forward to that.

And Joules is tearing along with her next AC chapter! It's a great chapter too, I'm eagerly waiting for the snippets she's giving me. <g>

You know that song It ain't necessarily so? Well I was humming it this evening (the Jimmy Sommerville version) and at the bit about Jonah in the whale ( '... he made a home in that fish's abdomen...') a new, partial line slipped into my mind:

'...he [somethingsomething] Baron Harkonnen...'


I'm sure there's a filk in there somewhere...

No comments: