Sunday, November 02, 2003

Were swap cards purely an Australian 70's thing, or did other countries have them? Silly of me, I know, but I've been browsing ebay and come across a few sets of old swap cards on auction. Gods, just the sight of them brings back such strong memories from my primary school years it's like I can still feel the cards in my hand. I think swap cards were one of the first things I obsessed over. Had some lovely ones, lots of horses and foals, (cos I was pre-pubescent and that was what I was into) flowers, cats.. typical stuff really. Wonder what happened to mine?
Heh, I grew out of them - do I really want to go back there?

<happy sigh> Anime night tonight. My yaoi-set brain is coming up with all sorts of scenarios for the 'issues' Orphen has with his old teacher (though I'll be stunned if it turns out they're not related somehow). Vash's nose is still really cute and Legato appeared in the previews for next weeks ep. : )
Last night I began watching Legend of the Demon Womb. I'm just confused now, this is sposed to be the sequel to Legend of the Overfiend but it seems more like an AU. The reviews I've read of it haven't shed much light either. Eh.

Listening to lyrics from recent Indie (youth culture) songs and it seems the messages haven't changed much at all over 3 decades. Does each generation have to have their own versions of 'rebel' songs? The music changes but the words are the same... I'm sure there's something deeply philosophical I could say about that if it wasn't too much like hard work ordering my thought. (<g> Yes, that was 'thought', singular, not a typo; it's late, I'm tired and distracted... : )

No comments: