Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I think I've finally worked out what's been bothering me about the Thomas the Tank Engine movie.
It's like really bad fanfic, where the author has some great (they think) ideas or is attempting an unlikely cross-over, and all the way through they seem to be madly justifying what happens even though the new ideas just do not mesh with the original story!
I can't believe how badly this movie sucks, or how much it still pisses me off after all this time. What was the reasoning behind the 'additions' I wonder? Was it purely an attempt to make the product more palatable for the US? Was it an effort to 'revamp' the program? Whatever the reason, it didn't work and Britt Allcroft should be forced to watch this crap for hours on end for letting it happen...
Just because a show is designed for little kids (and train-mad older kids <rolls eyes>) doesn't mean you can skimp on the quality of storyline. Even if the kids don't pick up how bad it is, spare a thought for the poor adults who have to sit and watch it with their offspring...

No comments: