Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Ouchouchouchouch.
It's costing a lot of money to get the lawns hacked back to something less than wilderness. My own fault, I shouldn't have let it go so long (and no, even with my own lawn-mower I wouldn't have been able to tackle it.) Might not have been so bad if it was just grass but 2/3rd of the back yard was a mat of baby wattle trees and a runner-type plant with a very tough, fibrous stem. Took 4 hours to do and poor Ursie had to stop every 5 minutes to not only clear the catcher, but the blades as well. She's earnt her money today.
But anyway, I've put a big note on the calendar for a month's time to get the lawn's seen to - I literally cannot afford to let it get so bad again. (Heh, and a big garden is probably not something I'll be looking for in my next house! : )

Our school has several traditions that I know of, one of which is the term 4 dinner/sleepover. This is for the preps through to grade 3 and usually happens about the time the grades 4-6 are away on camp. Actually, it's only the grade 2 & 3 that sleepover, the preps and 1's come to the school for dinner and games. But my cubs are in grade 2 this year so it'll be their first school sleepover.
Waah! My babies are growing up!
They're quite excited, which is great but I won't hold my breath about their wanting to stay the whole night. I'll have to make sure their father is home too so the car's available to pick them up if they decide it's all a bit much. (But then, if they can't be picked up then they can't come home. Hn.) It won't be the first time they've slept away from their father and I but the last occasion was a long, long while ago.
Eh, you never know, they might surprise me and be perfectly happy away from home for a night...

No comments: