Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Gah! Why are lemons so hard to write?
Anyway, my Dystopia PWP is finished and will be posted soon. It's sheer fluff, I have to say, written purely for my own stim entertainment. <g>
Joules has finished her Ulysses 31 ficlet (very different, left me thinking - I'm sure that's a good thing : ). That's posted now in the League of Lesser-known Bishies at The Zone - and she's started her own, wriggle-worthy (I'm quoting : ) Dystopia PWP.
I love the way Joules can effortlessly pick up my characters and translate them to her own work. I sometimes feel a little clumsy in comparison, I admit, but then, looking at it all objectively, Joules and I have very different writing styles. Not so dissimilar we can't mesh easily, but still noticeably mine and hers...

<blinks> Okapiprincess has just told me it's been twelve years (and 2 days) since Freddy Mercury died!
Where does the time go?

(I don't want a calendar of exotic chickens, do I? Be better to stick to the Sports Illustrated, right?)

It was the cubs' father's birthday yesterday. We took him out for dinner the night before, and the cubs made him birthday cards to go with the I, Claudius DVD's I got him. (And for the record, I got those because I know he wanted them, not cos I wanted them!)
I think I'd like to go to a restaurant again for my birthday next year. I like restaurants, not much of a 'party' person...

I need to get a children's dictionary for the cubs. There's been quite a lot of 'look this word up in the dictionary' questions on homework recently and my 1975 Oxford Conscise is pretty hopeless when it comes to child-friendly explanations. Oh dear, <hand to forehead> this means I'll have to go looking in bookshops! Such a trial...

No comments: