Thursday, November 06, 2003

Ow, ow, my throat hurts... I know when I'm genuinely not feeling the best cos I become even clumsier than normal, my patience and tolerance evaporates and my language becomes - um - freer than usual in front of the cubs. : )

One of Rik Mayall's series, Believe Nothing, has just started showing here and it's hysterical. Far, far funnier than anything else I've seen of his, and a lot of it has to do with Michael Maloney's character, the faithful retainer, Albumen. His relationship with his employer is not at all subtle.
<eg> In tonight's episode, Prepare to Meteor maker, Adonis Cnut (Mayall's character), Albumen and the female lead are in a hot-air ballon (don't ask). Cnut orders his man-servant to 'go down' and Albumen immediately drops to his knees in front of his master and says - hoarsely, hopefully - 'Oh sir, does this mean we're friends again?' <rolling around laughing>
Of course, that's not what Cnut means at all though there's a beautiful little pause where we're left in no doubt that that's been the case in the past. The show is peppered with moments like this and I love it, looking forward to next week's ep. : )

Took the cubs clothes shopping after school - what fun! They're going to a wedding on saturday and they've got nothing to wear that isn't made of fleecy or t-shirt material. : ) But what to get them? What's suitable for 8 year old boys to wear to a wedding? (The last wedding I went to was my own, I think, and that was medieval so no help there.) Settled on a pair of reasonable trousers and bright shirt each, that'll do, at least they'll be clean and unchewed!

(And speaking of clothes...) Hee, I've got an old seersucker tablecloth that Soulsis found - it's bright purple and emerald green check (3 inch squares). Do I dare make myself some trousers out of it? I really need some new ones and let's face it, my clothes rarely look 'good' so I may as well go for 'idiosyncratic'!... : )

(And about the monkeys? Don't worry, it was just me parrotting what I'd seen on last night's Life of Mammals episode. <bg> Though as the grazing monkeys are herbivores they're probably very tasty...)

No comments: