Friday, November 28, 2003

Feeling kind of manic... Maybe it's the chocolate I just ate?

Greenpeace has released the 2nd of their 'True Food guide', which is a list of food companies that do - and more importantly - don't use genetically modified produce. You can get a copy of the guide here.
I feel very strongly about such things, it's bad enough we're cheerfully poisoning our air, water and land but to tamper with the food this way as well? <growling> The arrogance of the human race is beyond belief, thinking we can change things around willy-nilly to 'make things easier' (or make more money) and not bother about the consequences...? You can not tweak one string of the web we're part of without it affecting the rest of it. Just because the initial experiments in gene modification haven't exploded in anyones faces doesn't mean it's safe...

<settling ruffled feathers> moving right along...

I suspect my cat is an idiot.
When she brings her catches inside and I rescue them, even if she sees me putting the container down over the hapless creature it suddenly disappears and she has to go looking for it!

Had a very interesting dream this morning. In it I had a dress belonging to Okapiprincess' son (no, I don't know why). It was a very lovely dress and I thought I should return it to him. Trouble was he and his father were out on a boat somewhere with some other people. I had to radio the boat to let them know I had the dress but the line/connection (whatever radios have) was bad and Mr W (Okapi's partner) just couldn't understand what I was saying...
In the second part, after Okapi and I had travelled to meet the boat, someone I know (but can't remember now) pulled out a beautiful gem they'd 'borrowed' from the British royal family. It was spherical and held somehow between flattened rings of silver. It was like a maginifying glass but the clarity was such that when I looked through it I could just make out the Eiffel Tower - not bad considering I was in Australia at the time...

No comments: